JessicaClemmons.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
I had an unusual day off on a Sunday and because my husband and I are seriously trying to watch our finances, going out for brunch was not an option. We are also following a Ketogenic’s meal plan but some days we’re a little relaxed with it, but still want to stay on plan.
I woke up and looked in the refrigerator and whipped something up with some pretty common left overs. I always have cauliflower in the fridge because it’s the closest thing to potatoes at times. This is also a great veggie to sneak in for those picky eaters! If you’re looking for some inspiration for a yummy breakfast/brunch to fix the family (or just for yourself) check this out!
- 1 tbsp of butter flavored coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen cauliflower bits
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt; or more to taste
- 1 tbsp dried minced onions (optional)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 4-6 eggs; depending on your liking and a pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 tsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast; optional but gives a great cheesy flavor without the cheese
- 2 links of sausage; I used jalapeño sausage
- 1 tbsp cilantro; garnish
- 1 tbsp chives/green onions; garnish
- In a large pan, melt butter flavored coconut oil over medium heat
- Stir cauliflower bits, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, minced onions and pepper together and let it cook for about 10 minutes. Make sure to adjust your temp if it looks like it’s starting to over cook
- If you need to cook your sausage, now is a good time to do that while your cauliflower is cooking as well
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with heavy cream (this will make your eggs nice and fluffy) and seasonings
- Once the cauliflower is cooked and softened, add the eggs and scramble to desired liking. Cook on a lower temp so you can multitask to the next step
- If your sausage is already cooked, thinly slice it. I put mine in a pan to cook slightly longer until a little brown.
- Finish your cauliflower and egg scramble with the nutritional yeast, stir and place on a plate
- Top with Sausage and garnish with cilantro and green onions
Serving Size: 2 people, Nutritional info varies based on ingredients used